Hope you are enjoying this unusual Fantastic February weather!
- Being Black & Series continues…
- Being Black and Lesbian, Gay or Bi-sexual // 4 p.m. in LSC300
- Allies are encouraged to attend
- The intersectionality of our identities are complex, messy and often times overlooked. Our visible representation as being Black often is the only thing that is seen, where our identities as LGBT are either invisible or sometimes assumed based upon our actions and behaviors. As a community we must discuss the historical context, ramifications of our thoughts, actions and beliefs on community development and self-esteem and importance of shared experiences and life stories for our future success as a community. Come discuss, learn and evolve your perspective on Being Black and LGB. Discussion Led by Dr. Kyle Oldham
- Join us for “Southside with YOU” in the LSC Theater at 7 p.m.
- The film chronicles the summer 1989 afternoon when the future President of the United States, Barack Obama, wooed his future First Lady, Michelle Obama, on a first date across Chicago's South Side.
- Save up your change and have lunch at the Aspen Grille for Thursday and/or Friday - 3 course lunch for $13 will include your starter – mac & cheese and cornbread // entrée – shrimp and grits OR Fried chicken w/collard greens// dessert – sweet potato pie.
Reservations can be made by calling 970.491.7006
- Get your abstract SUBMITTED (500 words or less) by Wednesday the 1st of March // http://murals.colostate.edu/murals-attachments //only thing you have to miss out on is a chance to win some CASH!!!!
- Tips & Tricks – Crafting your Abstract and Laying Out Your Poster & Presentation
- Wednesday, Feb 15th @ 5pm – El Centro
- Monday, Feb 20th @ 4pm – B/AACC
- Practice & Preview – Practice Makes Perfect
- Thursday, March 2 @ 5pm – APACC
- Tuesday, March 21st @ 6pm lsc226-228
- Friday, March 24th @ 5pm – lsc226-228
- Save The Date – May 6th and be on the lookout for award nominations and scholarship opportunities beginning next week.
- Want to volunteer the day of by checking folks in the day of and/or performing the day of – share your talent via dance, spoken word or song.
- Let me know by March 3rd by responding to this email and let me know your interest
Do NOT forget…
RSVP this week for the Black Student Empowerment Summit – we have some fantastic things planned with YOU in mind - https://goo.gl/forms/Sxw0050Xhh4LMWGp2
Get you outfits ready - Old School Funk Night will be happening in the LSC Ballroom at 7 p.m. on Friday the 24th – THERE WILL BE PRIZES
Social Media – stay connected/informed!
- Snapchat – csu-baacc
- Instagram – baacc_csu
- Twitter – baacc_csu
- Facebook – Black/African American Cultural Center
Student Organizations meetings have begun…do not miss out on getting involved within reason, of course!
Find out details here - http://baacc.colostate.edu/student-organizations
Black Student Alliance Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m.
United Men of Color Sundays at 4:00 p.m.
United Women of Color Tuesdays at 5:15 p.m.
Africans United Thursdays at 6:00 p.m.
COLORS Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Black Definition 1st and 3rd Wednesday at NOON
NSBE Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m.
Shades of U & I Wednesday at 6:00 p.m.