Fall Welcome Events
Prior to coming to CSU, both the B. E. S. T. staff and the professional staff, prepare summer correspondence for incoming new students regarding student organizations, events, and services offered by the Black/African American Cultural Center. A highlight of these activities features the distribution of welcome bags to new freshmen and transfer students. An ice cream social and a cookout/mixer is also sponsored by the office as meet and greet events. These events also showcase student organizations that cater to the needs of Black/African American students.
Look out for these events:
-B/AACC Open House (Thursday, August 16, 2018, 2pm-4pm)
- Ramapalooza (Friday, August 17th, 7pm - 10pm)
- Ice Cream Social // All-Org. Resource Fair (Wednesday, August 22,2018 2pm - 4pm)
-Transfer Student Mixer (Friday, August 24, 2018, 4pm-5pm)
- Welcome B/AACC BBQ (Wednesday, August 29th, 4pm - 7pm)
- Rocky Mountain Showdown (Friday, August 31st, Kickoff at 6pm)
-Graduate Student Mixer (Thursday, September 6, 2018, 4pm-5pm)
- B/AACC Tailagte (September 8th)
- Rites of Passage Fall Retreat for First Year Students (September 14th - 16th)
Sign up now!
The annual off-campus, community building retreat allows first-year and transfer students the opportunity to build a community with one another, work on personal/professional development, learn about and be exposed to diverse identities, and gain a bit more cultural awareness.